Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Culture Created

Fresh Water catch in East Texas on Hochheim Lake

It's hard to say exactly when my passion for the water first began.  However, I know exactly when my addiction to the Texas Coast started.

At the end of 2010, I married my beautiful wife, Crystal, who is an AP Literature teacher a few miles down the road from Galveston.  It wasn't long after the move down here (from Denton, Texas... represent) that I was invited to go on a fishing trip in the bay with some friends.


Me, Crystal, Nash, Lee, Rick
on Galveston Party Boats
Slim, Rick, Ruben, Lee, Crystal, Me
on Galveston Party Boats



My wife, me, and one of my first Coastie catches!
Ha!  That's my buddy Lee photo bombing in the back.
No matter the size of  that first catch, it was at that moment that I vowed to learn all there is to know about salt water fishing.  It was then I realized that the Coast is a Culture all its own.  

This blog will be a record of my evolution into a "Coastie" and those who helped me out along the way.

*I'm a firm believer in shout outs.  We have had some good times on the Galveston Party Boats.  You can find them at galvestonpartyboatsinc.com .  
Avery's catch. Photo bomb by Jason.

Jason, Me, Crystal, and Avery
Avery's b-day trip on Galveston Party Boats


No comments:

Post a Comment